Growing a human in your very body is a pretty massive amount of work that usually results in some pretty massive changes to your body. While it's true that some women feel extra beautiful while pregnant, that's not the case for everyone. If you are feeling huge, exhausted, and not exactly your sexiest self, here are some tips to help you up the romance this Valentine's Day.
1. Your partner will think you're the sexiest when you FEEL sexy yourself! That confidence is quite the turn on for most men. And if you think about it, there is really nothing more feminine than pregnancy. Drink in all that femininity and give yourself permission to indulge in something that will help you feel really good about yourself, like buying a new dress, getting your nails done, or getting your legs or bikini area waxed, if that's your thang. This is a time when it's so nice to really feel good!
2. If you're a yoga pants and leggings kind of pregnant mom (and why wouldn't you be?!), you might be able to catch him by surprise by wearing something a little different under your new Valentine's Day dress. You catch our drift? ;)
3. Have you been thinking about having maternity boudior photos taken? What better occasion than Valentine's Day! Your guy is sure to love that special keepsake. This is a great way to show you how beautiful you really are, too! Click here and here for a couple of local photographer options.
4. They say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. If you enjoy whipping together a beautiful meal in the kitchen this is a great opportunity! If just the thought of spending all day on your feet cooking makes your ankles swell, then pick up your favorite take out! Nobody's judging. :)
5. There's nothing like music for bringing on the feels... and the moves! Download something sexy and get your groove on! Bonus benefit of optimal fetal positioning!
6. What's Valentine's Day without a little romance? As long as your provider hasn't told you otherwise, there is no reason why you aren't able to enjoy a little hanky-panky with your partner. And who knows - if Baby is due and needing a nudge, maybe it'll even do double duty and encourage her to come meet you!
Bottom line: don't let pregnancy keep you from enjoying this romantic day as a couple! Love is what got you in this predicament in the first place and love is what will get you through it!